Primary Care workshops and events
Over the next few weeks, new events, workshops and courses will be added to this page. Sign up to receive updates about the Training Hub’s events and offerings by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with Health and Wellbeing events in the subject header.
All other enquiries for the KeepingWell NCL team can be made via the contact us page.
Wellbeing, culture and resilience workshops and webinars
This three-part lunchtime series features webinars on managing stress and anxiety, staying mentally fit and being happy at work. The webinars have been commissioned by the NCL Training Hub and will be delivered by Shapes Toolkit.
The COVID pandemic and its aftermath has left many of us in the NHS experiencing difficult emotions, including stress, anxiety and fatigue. In this webinar we explore the emotions that doctors and other healthcare professionals working on the frontline – and from home – may be experiencing. We offer strategies and tips to help you take control of stress and anxiety so you can feel calmer and perform better.
In this 60 minute masterclass, you will discover:
- The challenging emotions many staff in healthcare are experiencing, and how they might show up for you and your teams.
- How to safely acknowledge emotions without falling into ‘victim’ mode.
- Ways to manage your stress and anxiety so you feel more in control.
The webinar takes place on Tuesday 3 May 2022 at 12.30pm.
Leaders in healthcare often tend to put others first – and don’t notice the impact on their own wellbeing until it’s too late. When we understand the wellbeing factors that keep us energised, we can maintain our mental and physical fitness even at times of immense stress.
In this 60 minute masterclass, we will explore how to:
- Take control of your wellbeing and understand how to maintain clarity and perspective.
- Avoid the ‘Vortex of Busyness’ and take action before it gets too much.
- Stay mentally and physically fit at work using principles from positive psychology.
The webinar takes place on Wednesday 14 September 2022 at 12.30pm.
Sign up for the webinar on How to Stay Mentally Fit at Work.
Most of us assume that to be successful, you have to work harder. This webinar explores the surprising science linking our happiness to our productivity – and how leaders can implement this in their individual work as well as for their teams.
In this 60 minute masterclass, you will discover:
- Ways to take control over aspects of your work that will promote happiness and increase your effectiveness.
- How to resist the cultural narrative of hard work = success, and avoid burnout.
- Ideas to help support you and your teams to prioritise happiness and boost productivity without working harder.
The webinar takes place on Thursday 10 November at 12.30pm. Sign up for the webinar on how to be happy at work.
An evening webinar series on beating burnout, supporting teams and staying productive. These webinars are for clinicians, managers and senior administrative staff. The webinars have been commissioned by the NCL Training Hub and will be delivered by Shapes Toolkit.
Our teams are under increasing pressure – showing up in sickness absence, conflict, staff turnover and a lack of morale.
As a leader who cares about your team AND wants to ensure high performance, however, supporting your team can feel like an insurmountable task. Individuals’ needs vary so widely; external factors like workload and policy play a huge role; trying to support everyone individually will only lead you to burnout. So what’s the answer?
In this 60 minute masterclass, you’ll learn:
- How to support your team to thrive without falling into ‘rescuer’ mode or taking on everyone’s problems,
- Ways you can actively tend to your own wellbeing so you’re able to approach challenges from a resourceful and energised perspective,
- The key to empowering your team to solve their own problems and take responsibility – without them feeling abandoned or unsupported.
The webinar takes place on Wednesday 11 May 2022 at 7.30pm.
Sign up for the webinar on how to support your teams without burning out.
In this 60-minute masterclass, we will explore how to help your teams say no, set boundaries and deal with pushback.
The webinar takes place on Thursday 9 June 2022 at 7.30pm.
The workplace has changed, whether we’re on the frontline or working partially at home. In this webinar we will explore strategies that will help you and your team maintain a healthy balance between home and work, communicate better, and work more productively whilst avoiding the stress and fatigue that comes with virtual, hybrid or home working.
In this 60-minute masterclass you will learn:
- Common issues facing leaders and teams as we adapt to the new ways of working.
- Lessons learned about how hybrid working, Zoom fatigue, and the COVID crisis impact our wellbeing.
- Practical steps to help you find balance, communicate more effectively, and prioritise your wellbeing.
This webinar takes place on Wednesday 6 July at 7.30pm.
Sign up for the workplace on how to stay productive and avoid fatigue.
A half-day workshop series based on live issues, such as conflict in the workplace and influencing across teams and practices. These online workshops are for healthcare professionals, managers and senior members of admin teams in Primary Care.
The workshops have been commissioned by the NCL Training Hub and will be delivered by Shapes Toolkit.
This workshop will take place in June 2022 (date to be confirmed).
Booking opens soon. Email email@example.com to be first to hear when registration opens.
If you are finding it challenging to influence the practices and clinical environments in which you work, implement best practices and win people over, this workshop is for you.
This half-day workshop will show you how to use some simple tools to help you understand your own response, the responses and motivations of other people and how to approach conversations so that you can have a greater impact in your workplace and influence others in ways that create win-win solutions for everyone.
The workshop will take place on Wednesday 26 October 2022, from 9.30am – 1pm.
Sign up for the workshop on how to influence even when you are not the boss.
This workshop focuses on productivity and how to take control over your time and workload.
We will look at what is in your control, and what is outside your control, and think about ways to be more productive and improve your focus. We will also explore how we can design an ideal working week.
The workshop will take place on Wednesday 18 January 2022 from 1.30pm – 5pm.
Sign up for the workshop on how to take control of your time and workload.
Londonwide LMCs’ GP Professional Support Network (GPPSN) is offering a set of six wellbeing webinars for people working in General Practice. Each webinar starts at 7.30pm and can be attended as a stand‑alone event or as a series, helping you to build strategies for optimal wellbeing.
- 16 March 2022: Sleep with serenity
- 27 April 2022: Burnout / compassion fatigue
- 11 May 2022: Meaning, values and purpose
- 25 May 2022: Healthy habits and motivations
- 8 June 2022: Emotional regulation
- 22 June 2022: Positive thinking and toxic positivity
Delegates can book a place by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org stating the webinars they wish to attend. Visit the Londonwide LMCs website for full details.