As we approach the two-year anniversary of the start of Covid-19 restrictions in England, we know many of our staff still feel the impact of the pandemic at work and at home as much as ever. Many of us may experience complex feelings around this anniversary, and wonder how to mark the event personally and with colleagues.
Marie Curie’s National Day of Reflection on Wednesday 23rd March 2022 is an opportunity for individuals, teams, and organizations to connect in remembrance of those we have lost and reflect on the past two years. Find how to get involved, including registering your organization, online events, practical guidance packs, and information about grief, at mariecurie.org.uk/dayofreflection
To take part this year, people are encouraged to visit mariecurie.org.uk/dayofreflection and join one or more activities on the day:
- Observe a minute’s silence at midday, wearing your Marie Curie daffodil pin
- Shine a light at 8pm, or display flowers in your window
- Visit a Wall of Reflection or remember a loved one in your own way – an interactive online map at /dayofreflection will display a UK wide network of Walls of Reflection where people can go to remember the loved ones they have lost and where the local community can come together to support those who are grieving.
- Join one of seven online Marie Curie organised talks and panel discussions, see /dayofreflection for more details.
- Prominent buildings and landmarks will light up yellow at night to mark the occasion. Last year, over 100 lit up – from Smeaton’s Tower in Plymouth, Devon to Ness Bridge in Inverness, Scotland.
The Marie Curie Support Line can help if you, or someone you care about is grieving. Call 0800 090 2309 to speak to a trained Support Line Officer or visit Mariecurie.org.uk/support to get ongoing support from a bereavement volunteer.
KeepingWell NCL is also available to support staff and teams who may benefit from support around this time. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and a practitioner will arrange a time to talk about how we can support you.