‘Long COVID’ is commonly used to describe signs and symptoms that continue or develop after acute COVID-19.
As of 18 May 2021, estimates by the Office of National Statistics (ONS) suggested that approximately 122,000 healthcare workers and 31,000 social care workers were self-reporting symptoms of Long COVID.
The NHS has a range of support offers and services available to NHS colleagues to support with their health and wellbeing, including support for Long COVID symptoms.
- Access to Occupational Health and Wellbeing services and local Employee Assistance Programmes through your employing organisations.
- Dedicated rapid assessment through one of 40 system-wide staff mental health and wellbeing hubs.
- Access to a range of health and wellbeing offers through the national support programme.
- Access to support via online rehab services.
- Guidance for line managers on supporting team members with Long COVID.
Read time: minutes
Link to resource:
This webpage rounds up the support available for NHS colleagues.
Topic: COVID 19 and Physical Health
Audience: Health professionals and Social care professionals
Who is this for: Individual
Resource format: Webpage